Monday, June 12, 2006

Twice in one week

Once would surely have been enough.

When Stirling Council invited me to a meeting, as one of their Probationer Teachers for 2006/7, I immediately contacted the school to see if I could arrange to visit the school on the same day.

Unfortunately, the Council were expecting us on Wednesday 14 June, whereas the school's Principal Teacher (it transpired) was expecting all probationers to visit on Monday 12 June. Joined-up government? Or a plot by Shell shareholders? (See previous post.)



King Robert Hotel (Bannockburn)The splendid King Robert Hotel, Bannockburn: scene of Stirling Council's Probationer Teachers meeting, Wednesday 14 June, 2006, 2pm.
Out of shot, to the left, is the Bannockburn Heritage Centre, commemorating the significant Scottish victory in the vicinity 692 years ago, over the forces of the English king Edward II.

2 Comments:

At Mon Jun 26, 03:04:00 pm GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed your school visit, I come from Bannockburn and its a wee town 3 miles from Stirling. Stirling itself its a very nice old medieval town, now a small city, and visually very pretty.
The castle and monument are amongst many of the attractions but I would probably say the people are the best thing about the area, they are friendly, welcoming and usually very happy to help.

I hope you have a good time here even though it will cost you a fortune on petro.

 
At Mon Jun 26, 03:58:00 pm GMT, Blogger Duncan__ said...

Thanks for stopping by, Anonymous of Stirling. I must say I'm looking forward to spending a year in the life of Bannockburn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home